You do know how electric knives have saved our lives. From traditional knives to electric knives, we have come a long way. Ever since the electric knives came out they were not as efficient as they are now. Several improvements have been made over time. The best electric knife sharpeners are regularly utilized for kitchen blade sets. They can also sharpen cutting edges like folding knives. Contingent upon the model, some will not just hone blunt edges to sharp edges, they will also chip away at serrated edges as well, making it incredible for steak blade sets. The principle advantage of utilizing the best electric knife sharpener is speed. There are numerous models that can finish the sharpening procedure in one to two minutes.
While you are using your blunt knife, be it a traditional one or an electric one, you will definitely need a sharpener over time to speed up the process of cutting. Thus, here goes a list of buying guide to aid to bring home the best electric knife sharpener of all times:
- Go for the design which is attractive for you.
- Check on what type of knives you will sharpen.
- Find the one which has a fast sharpening feature.
- Look for a longer warranty period to get better durability.
- FInd the one which is lightweight and portable for you.
- Select whether you want a single-sided or a double-sided sharpener.
- See how much power it consumes while sharpening.
List of Best Electric Knife Sharpeners
1. Presto 08810 Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
- Easy 3-stage sharpening system for professional results at home, anytime.
- Sharpens kitchen and sport knives, even Santoku knives.
- Blade thickness selector adjusts guides to optimum sharpening angle.
- Select thick for hunting knives, medium for chef's knives and standard kitchen knives, and thin for light blades like fillet and paring knives.
- Blade guides hold knife at the perfect angle for no-guess sharpening.
2. KitchenIQ 50009 Edge Grip 2-Stage Knife Sharpener
- Coarse for dull and damaged knives
- Fine for polishing the knife and for quick touch-ups for an already sharp knife
- Patented Edge Grip feature allows sharpening on the edge of the table or counter top- prevents the tip of larger knives from dragging over the surface of the counter
- Compact for easy storage. Carbide blades (Coarse) provide quick edge setting capabilities, and the ceramic rods (Fine) are used for the final edge honing
- Non-slip base for added stability and control.Soft grip rubber handle
3. Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener
- Sharpen every knife you own like a pro quickly, easily and with repeatable, consistent results. Creates the sharpest blades you've ever had!
- Easily Replaceable Abrasive Grit Belts. Comes with premium abrasive belts to meet all your sharpening needs: Coarse (P80), Medium (P220) and Fine (6000). Abrasive belts won't burn or damage blade steel during sharpening.
- Precision sharpening guides provide fast, easy, repeatable and consistent results. Kitchen Knife guide sharpens blades to a 40° angle – Outdoor Knife Guide sharpens to a 50° angle.
- Can also be used to sharpen a wide range of bladed shop tools and lawn and garden tools such as Lawn Mower Blades, Garden Pruners, Shears, Shovels, Scrapers and more. Also makes the ideal hand held detail grinder
- 1-year warranty – warranty only valid for North American 110v power source applications. Use of power converters for 220V not recommended. Can be run with 12V power inverter (min. 150 watt) from car, truck, RV, boat, etc.
4. Presto 8800 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
- The product is electric knife sharpener
- Easy to use
- The product is manufactured in china
- Two-stage sharpening system quickly and easily sharpens most any non-serrated blade for professional results in the convenience of your home. (Presto knife sharpener is 120 Volts)
- No guess sharpening; precision blade guides position the knife at the ideal sharpening angle for perfect results every time
5. Chef’sChoice 15 Trizor XV Electric Knife Sharpener
- CONVERT YOUR KNIVES: Ideal for converting traditional 20-degree factory edges of household knives into high performance Trizor XV 15-degree edges
- DIAMONDS: Advanced stropping stage and 100 percent diamond abrasives for sharpening straight edge and serrated blades. Noise is between 65 dB and 75 dB
- EASY TO USE: Advanced, patented flexible spring guides for automatic adjustment and accurate control of the sharpening angle and feature simple on/off switch
- THREE STAGES: 3-Stage EdgeSelect sharpening system for optimum versatility in providing the perfect edge for each cutting task. Stages 1 and 2 are plated with 100-percent diamond abrasives to sharpen and hone the edge and stage 3 uses a patented flexible abrasive system to polish and help prolong the life of serrated knives
- RAZOR SHARP: The 15 Trizor XV combines the strength and durability of the Trizor edge with the flawless, ultra-sharp 15-degree XV technology. Time Required to sharpen is approximately 1 minute for first time sharpening and resharpening is approximately 10 seconds
There are numerous reasons why sharpening your knives is important. You will not be comfortable working with a blunt knife. Furthermore, think about safety. You do not have to rush your blades repeatedly to cut something and instead cut your own finger. Appearance also matters as sharpen blades are always shiny. Hence, the best electric knife sharpeners come to your rescue.
You can also read this post on Best Electric Knife Reviews.