Nobody likes to drink water that tastes or smells bad. You can also fall sick if you drink unpurified water. Water is the most important thing for humans, and drinking safe water is directly connected to your well-being. You cannot compromise your health when it comes to drinking safe water. Moreover, water these days have become very much unreliable, so it is essential for all of us to make sure the water we drink is purified. Drinking unfiltered water can cause severe water-borne diseases as water can contain germs, bacteria, and odor. The community water treatment is not reliable and effective as they leave chemicals behind in the process. Hence, it is necessary to get the drinking water filtered again. We can do this with the help of the best faucet filter. Faucet filters help to purify the tap water, which people can have without worrying about the hygiene or health issues. Therefore, getting the best faucet filter is a must.
You cannot fall for every false commercial. This guide will help you to know what the best faucet filter should consist of:
- It should be within your budget.
- It should be easy to install.
- It should improve the taste and smell of the water.
- It should be capable of removing chlorine, lead, mercury, and other harmful materials from the water.
- It should have a built-in filter life indicator for when it needs to be replaced, it would give a reminder.
- The faucet design should go with your taste or match your interior of the house.
- It should have a large amount of capacity to hold water and purify it all together.
- It should be durable enough.
- It should be certified by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF).
List of Best Faucet Filters
1. Brita Water Faucet Filtration System
- Basic Brita faucet water filter attaches to your standard faucet making tap water cleaner and great-tasting; filtration system is easy to install; no tools required
- Get great-tasting water without the waste; by switching to Brita, you can save money and replace 1800 single-use water bottles per year
- The space efficient design attaches directly to your faucet giving you the choice of filtered or unfiltered water. Available in white and chrome color with a filter indicator for easy replacement reminders. Height 5.28"; Width 4.8"; Depth 2.26"; Weight .84 pounds
- Reduce 99% of lead, chlorine taste and asbestos, particulates, Benzene, and more! A helpful status indicator lets you know when to replace the filter with an easy 1-click filter replacement
- Replace your faucet mount water filter every 100 gallons or approximately every 4 months to keep water tasting great; this tap water filter fits standard faucets only, does not fit pull-out or spray style faucets; vs tap; 16.9 oz water bottle
2. Waterdrop NSF Certified Filtration System
- NSF certifications: Tested and certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI standard 42 for the reduction of chlorine, taste and odor, and to NSF/ANSI 372 for lead-free material. Provides you with safer and healthier water. ⭐Please Note: This system DOES NOT lower TDS value. If you want to decrease the TDS value, please choose Waterdrop RO system.⭐
- Longer filter life: Each faucet filter provides 320 gallons of cleaner water, or 3 months of typical use - that’s 2x longer than most faucet filters. 3-pack replacement filters are available for purchase! (Search "WD-FF-01A")
- Lead reduction: The innovative ACF material features great and fast filtration. You will fill up 4 water bottles (16.9 oz for each) in 1 minute. Upgraded filtration technology to reduce lead chlorine, offering safer and refreshing water for you and your family.(Tested by third party laboratory)
- Convenient usage: The design of a simple switch between quality filtered water and regular tap water helps prolong the service life of the filter. The filtered water faucet adopts leak-proof technology and can be attached to your faucet very easily with the various adapters included.
- Important note: Works with standard faucets. Does not fit pull-out, hand-held, spray style faucets or faucets with sensor. Please verify if our product suits your faucet before purchase per the detailed instructions in product pictures. Operating Temperature: 41-122℉/ 5-50℃; Operating Working Pressure: 15-100 psi / 100-689 kPa.
3. PUR Classic Faucet Mount Filter
- FAUCET WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM – Enjoy refreshing, filtered water from your faucet with the PUR PLUS Faucet Mount Filtration System. It includes Mineral Core technology that filters water over natural minerals for a great taste.
- REDUCES 70 IMPURITIES – This PUR PLUS drinking water filtration system is certified to reduce 70 impurities, including lead & mercury.Ƚ PUR Faucet Filtration Systems are certified to reduce 10x more impurities than Brita's leading pitcher filter.Ƚ
- EASY TO ATTACH – The faucet mount water filter is easy to attach – no tools are required. Compatible with most faucets but will not work with pull-out or hand-held faucets.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE – Genuine PUR faucet mounted water filters are the only filters certified for use in PUR systems. For best performance, replace with a Genuine PUR Filter every three months.
- Impurities can enter your water system daily, so filtering your water is important. PUR has been developing innovative technologies for superior water filtration for over 30 years.
4. Engdenton Faucet Water Filter
- High quality food grade 304 stainless steel housing, Cracking-proof and no-leakage, durable and long life time;
- The most advanced Activated Carbon Fiber (ACF) filtration technology,improve taste, and remove dirt, sand, rust, ect.★NOT for reducing TDS★;(Wrong Installation may lead to bad filtration. If you feel bad taste, please reinstall the filter cartridge. For correct installation, please refer to our installation video or contact our service team directly.)
- Speedy water flow: 0.5GPM filtered water, 8 cups (8.5oz/cup) of clean water per minute, instant relief of thirsty ;
- ★ONLY suitable for standard faucet. Please study the PHOTOS to determine your faucet type before purchasing. ★ Easy installation, simple and quick, no extra tools needed. Maximum life: 320 gallons or 6 months (based on 8.5oz/cup,27 cups/day);
- If you need technique support or return, please contact us via the email on the packing box. We offer a limited one-year quality assurance against defects in materials and workmanship for worry-free shopping. (Replacement filters ASIN #B07DCMM68M or#B07F7QMHQN);
5. WINGSOL Faucet Water Filter
- [One-piece housing]: Hygienic one-piece housing, No-welding No-rust No-crack No-leak; Lead-free 304 stainless steel; Product includes: 1x filter, 4x adapters, 1x manual, 5x gaskets;
- [NSF/ANSI 42 standard]: Filter element meets NSF/ANSI 42 standard, improve taste and reduce contaminants; Fit for municipal water;
- [320G Long-lasting & high-flow]: 320 gallons long life, 3L/min water flow, money-saving and no-waiting;
- [360°rotation & 2µm filtration]: freely-swiveling allows water output at any direction; reduce contaminants up to 2µm: rust, dirt, sand, turbidity; reduce odor, smell, color and chlorine; improve taste; ***CAN’T REDUCE TDS***
- [Filter cartridge replacement]: Max 320 gallons or 6 months (depends on the water quality); Other types of replacement cartridge for different purpose: PC filter (ASIN#B0995FZ839)- improve taste, anti-clogged; CRM filter (ASIN#B07S99GT43)- reusable filter, reduce sediment; PAC filter (ASIN#B07JG3941M or ASIN#B07VQ6GD3K)- long-lasting, high-flow; 5in1 filter (ASIN# B09BD1721L)- reduce heavy metals (99.6% lead), multi-functional; Chloramine filter (ASIN#B09L7Y6Q5D)-reduce chloramine & chlorine;
Now you can stop worrying about the water you drink because having the best faucet filter would not give you a scope to do that. If you are buying a faucet filter following this guide, then you are purchasing the best one. Make sure your faucet filter covers all or most of the points from this guide. At the end of the day, your health comes first, and you cannot ignore the hygiene factors!
You can also read this post on Best Farmhouse Sink Reviews.