The best offset smokers are the exemplary smoking instruments. Even if you did not hear the name before, you have definitely seen one. Otherwise you would not be here looking for one! Talk about an effective yet straightforward one, yes the best offset smoker it is. While it may appear as though there is not a great deal to them, do not be tricked. The best offset smokers are something beyond a spot for charcoal and nourishment. They arrive in a couple of various setups. From upstanding models, to invert stream units, there are smokers for each purpose. You know what matters the most? The ultimate output obviously because of the materials provided and their configuration. A small intro of how it works is a must! An offset smoker comprises an enormous chamber wherein the nourishment is cooked and a littler firebox for wood and charcoal, which is normally joined beneath and to the side or back of the cooking zone. The fire in the counterbalance firebox makes warmth and smoke, which enhances the nourishment and cooks it perfectly. To control the degree of smoke and warmth in the focal chamber, they have a smokestack joined at the far edge to the firebox, and a vent on the firebox.The vent and stack can be opened or shut to control the environment in the cooking chamber.
There are numerous ones available in the market and choosing the best offset smoker from them is pretty difficult. Hence the buying guide here might be of some help to you:
- Choose the one which is affordable for you yet the best one.
- For material, choose at least a minimum thickness of steel.
- Check whether the vents and food chamber doors are well made.
- Reverse flow smokers are better if you want more flavourful and tender meat.
- Consider the size of the place where you want to keep the smoker.
- It is best to buy the smoker which has wheels so that you can move it around.
- Choose the design that minimises heat loss.
- Check for a large grilling capacity.
List of Best Offset Smokers
1. Weber Smokey Mountain Charcoal Smoker
- Material Type: Steel
- The Weber Smokey Mountain charcoal smoker helps you achieve an authentic smokehouse flavor at home
- It can accommodate a whole turkey and an entire ham at the same time. Item weight- 39.1 pounds
- Made of porcelain-enameled steel, this smoker comes with 2 nickel-plated 18-1/2-inch-wide cooking grates
- Includes a water pan, thermometer, individual vents on bowl and lid, and heat-resistant nylon handle
2. Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker
3. Camp Chef Smoker Vault
4. Z Grills Wood Pellet Grill Smoker
- SMART SMOKE TECHNOLOGY !---Automated electric feed system maintains temperature from 180ºF to 450ºF, Smart Digital Controller keeps temps within +/- 20 degrees F and makes setting the grill temperature as easy as turning a dial
- HUGE GRILLING AREA & HOPPRT CAPACITY!--- Great for Home, party, and Tailgating: 513 sq in Main rack & 187 sq in Warm Rack, 20LB Hopper Capacity that can accommodate up to 20 burgers, 5 whole chickens, or 6 racks of ribs
- Ultimate 8 in 1 Barbecue Wood Fire Pellet Grill-----Grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, barbeque food all in one grill . Great Smoke Favor not only grill easier-,-Fueled by premium 100% hardwood pellets to generate heat and smoke, infusing your food with a savory wood-fire taste that’ll make your taste buds sing
- GREAT SMOKER FAVOR ---Fueled by premium 100% hardwood pellets to generate heat and smoke, infusing your food with a savory wood-fire taste that’ll make your taste buds sing
- 3YEARS WARRANTY - We GUARANTEE you that our grills are made from top quality materials. If you are not 100% Satisfied, we are not satisfied!
5. Char-Griller AKORN Kamado Charcoal Grill
- 314 Square inches of primary cooking space, warming rack 133 Square inches for a total of 447 Square inches
- Assembled Dimensions: 45" L x 31" W x 47" H | Weight: 97.0 lb
- Insulated design means more heat uses less charcoal and less airflow means insulated heat for juicy meat
- Cooking surface is cast iron, body is constructed of 22 gauge Steel, exterior finish is powder coated Steel, interior finish is porcelain coated steel
- Cart is constructed of tubular steel W/rubber wheels, locking caster on front, indexed damper is numbered so you can note the position of the damper
6. Dyna-Glo Charcoal Offset Smoker
- Vertical design lends itself to naturally rising heat, achieving greater efficiency and improved smoke flavor. Offset design keeps direct heat away from the food, allowing for slow cooking.
- Six height-adjustable cooking grates accommodate various sizes of food. 784 square Inch of total smoking area; 1176 square inches of total cooking space with 25-pounds capacity per grate.
- Porcelain-enameled steel charcoal chamber is designed to keep briquettes stacked tightly for improved burn efficiency.
- Charcoal & ash management system with the charcoal chamber, grate, and sliding, removable steel ash pan. Designed to handle large amounts of ash for hours of maintenance-free cooking.
- Smoke stack features an adjustable flue for additional flavor and temperature control.
The best offset smokers are planned to be utilized for large families, huge occasions or in any event. These smokers are intended to have exceptionally enormous cooking surfaces for large preparation of meals. Thus picking the best one can be troublesome since there are a wide range of styles and plans available.
You can also read this post on Best Infrared Grill Reviews.