Cooking at an open pit fire might be fun, audacious, and worthy of taking Instagramable pictures. At the same time it might seem effective and viable. Well, not really. Think about time and money related advantages and fortunately you will see the best portable induction cooktop standing in front of you to save your life! They are changing the cooking game for campers and explorers all over the place. They are not like the casual burners that depend on a gas-consuming fire to give heat. They rather prefer magnetic induction, that is, an electronically-controlled loop of metal inside the gadget to warm up the cooking vessel legitimately, so the pot or dish itself turns into the conveyor of the warmth. Since all the warmth and heat is contained inside the cooking vessel, they cook nourishment speedier and save time for you to do other things. Another extraordinary advantage of the best portable cooktops is that they cool down very quickly after you turn the gadget off. In addition, the absence of an open fire reassuringly expands the wellbeing factor.
One thing to remember is that the pots and dishes you use on these cooktops ought to be produced using a ferromagnetic metal, similar to treated steel or cast iron. A simple test to carry out is that if a fridge magnet adheres to the base of your container, you are all set. So finding the best portable induction cooktop can be a tough task, yet with this buyer’s guide things might seem easier:
- Go for the budget friendly one.
- Choose whether you need a single cooktop or double cooktop.
- See how lightweight and portable it is.
- Look for the particular size you want for travelling or for keeping handy.
- Check the power of the cooktop because you need to know how fast your cooking will be.
- Go for features like pan recognition and child lock protection to ensure safety.
- The temperature levels should be adjustable.
- Opt for a good brand to have better experience.
- Go for longer warranty periods to ensure the durability.
List of Best Portable Induction Cooktops
1. Duxtop 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop
- Duxtop Induction Cooktop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet - standard in all North American homes; lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage.
- Digital control panel. Built-in count-down digital timer with 1 minute increments up to 170 minutes; 10 temperature range from 140 °F to 460 °F; 10 power levels from 200 to 1800 Watts.
- With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so this induction burner is easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel. Durable 7-blade fan rapidly dissipates heat to ensure a longer product life.
- The auto-pan detection will shut the unit automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware is detected; equipped with diagnostic error message system, low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved.
- Note: In order to use this and any other induction stove, you need to use cookware with a magnetic bottom, whose diameter is at least 5 inches. 2-year manufacturer's warranty, as well as customer service.
2. iSiLER Portable Induction Cooktop
- 18 POWER LEVELS: Quickly choose your desired power from 100W to 1800W in 100W increments(long press for 300W); 1800W power to meet your various cooking needs; simmer, deep fry, boil, sauté, sear, steam, slow cook and grill with ease.
- 17 PRESET TEMPERATURE LEVELS: Adjustable temperature ranging from 140°F (60°C) to 460°F (238°C); can be set in 20°F increments(long press for 60°F); sensitive large touch buttons for enhanced usability.
- WIDE APPLICATIONS & PORTABLE: The cooktop surface measures a diameter of 6.7in (17cm) to fit frying pans with a diameter of 3.9-8.6in (10-22cm); ensures a large and uniform heated area; compact and lightweight with a thickness of just 2.3in (6cm) for easy transport and storage; suitable for areas with limited space use.
- LONG 3-HOUR TIMER & SAFETY LOCK: Press “+” or “-” button to set the timer in 1-minute increments (long press for 10 min ; overheating protection, child lock and rounded edges for ultimate safety.
- WEAR RESISTANCE & EASY MAINTENANCE: Premium glass surface ensures excellent wear resistance and easy cleaning after use.
3. Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop Burner
- PORTABLE INDUCTION BURNER Duxtop induction cooktop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet–standard in all North American homes. ETL listed and built to North American electrical standards. Lightweight, portable induction cooktop makes handling and storage easy. Perfect for dorm rooms, home kitchens, backyard cooking, RVs, boats, etc.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY Choose from 15 preset power levels 200W to 1800W and 15 preset temperature level settings 140 F to 460 F. With an 83 percentage energy efficiency rating, induction cooker is more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves yet provides quick heat-up and faster cooking times
- EASY TO CLEAN & VIEW With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn on the oversized glass cooktop, making the induction burner easy to clean just wipe with a damp towel. The angle control panel with a large display screen, providing easy viewing, even from a distance.
- REQUIRES INDUCTION READY COOKWARE Induction stoves rely on cookware to heat, so it’s essential to choose magnetic bottom cookware with a minimum diameter of 5 inches. The auto-pan detection will shut the unit off automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware, or the incorrect cookware is detected.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED Please allow the induction hot plate to cool down before cleaning. If you have any questions with our product, please feel free to contact our customer service.
4. Cuisinart CB-60P1 Cast-Iron Double Burner
- 2 heavy-duty cast iron plates for durability. Dimensions(LWH)-5.75 x 22.50 x 15.25 inches
- Powerful 1800 watts of power for quick heat-up and heat retention throughout cooking cycle - primary burner: 1300 watts + Secondary burner: 500 watts
- Two separate 6-setting adjustable temperature controls
- Ready and safety "on" indicator lights. Independent adjustable thermostats with On and Ready indicator lights
- Non-slip feet for total stability while cooking
5. Duxtop Portable Double Induction LCD Cooktop
- 【DUAL HEATING ZONES】→ This professional digital countertop induction cooktop by Duxtop is equipped with two independent heating zones that allow you to set each one separately using the LCD display screen. The Duxtop induction burner uses 120 Volts, 15 amp of electricity—standard in all North American homes.
- 【SAFE—EASY TO USE—EASY TO CLEAN】→ Child safety lock system helps protect from injuries such as scalding. Touch control panel is simple to operate, and the rapid heating of the cookware makes cooking fast and easy. With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so it’s easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel.
- 【CHOOSE POWER MODE OR TEMPERATURE MODE】→ There are 20 preset levels per mode so you can select the perfect one for your cooking task. Simply press one button to switch between cooking modes. TEMPERATURE MODE is recommended to fry, steam and saute. Try POWER MODE to keep food warm or to bring water to a boil quickly.
- 【ENERGY EFFICIENT】→ Electric cooktops place the electromagnetic energy directly into the cookware without wasting energy on a heating element. This makes them extremely energy efficient while providing faster heating. The Power Sharing Feature is designed to avoid electrical overload and increase efficiency by allowing the burners to share power between them while in Power Mode.
- 【WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS】→ This double induction cooker is compatible with cast iron, iron, magnetic steel, enameled iron, stainless steel manufactured with a magnetic bottom. If a magnet sticks to the cookware bottom, it should be compatible. Lightweight and attractive design makes it great for home and outdoor cooking. Low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved and built to North American electrical standards.
The best portable induction cooktops are easy to use and energy-efficient. You do not have to think about tiresome cooking for your camping or travelling days. Enjoy your happy meal anytime and anywhere you like to.
You can also read this post on Best Induction Cookware Reviews.